The Gabriola Island Chamber of Commerce was established in 1986. Chamber members are a diverse group of entrepreneurs and family-owned enterprises. Members work together for the common good of our island community by providing services, support, and networking opportunities for enterprises to succeed. Currently, the organization has about 120 members and is the primary tourism management & marketing entity for Gabriola, working with Destination BC to provide visitor services, and also holds a Service Agreement with the Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN) to provide tourism and economic development services to Area B (Gabriola, Mudge, Decourcy).
The organization has three areas of focus:
- Community Economic Development
- Respectful Visitor and Tourism Management
- Chamber Membership & Operations
The Gabriola Chamber is seeking a community minded, collaborative and innovative individual for a full-time contract Executive Director (ED) position to provide leadership and oversight for all three of the focus areas noted above and all aspects of the Chamber’s business and activities in a manner that is consistent with the Chamber’s purpose, vision, and strategic plan.
The ED will supervise and oversee the part-time contract Operations and Chamber Member Services position (and/or other staff and/or contract positions in place).
This is an exciting opportunity to build the next evolution of the Chamber’s positive impact for its members and the broader community.
- Reports to the Chamber Board of Directors
- Responsible for the three areas of oversight, Board support, operations and staff and volunteer engagement
- Full-time, 18 month contract, with opportunity for renewal (June 2023 – December 2024)
- $58,000 to $62,000 per annum (not including GST), based on skills and experience
- Manages the part-time contract Operations and Chamber Member Services position and other staff/contractors as required
- Combination of in-office and remote work as required by business needs
- Some weekend & evening work required
For more information please see the full job description and posting here. Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is end of day, Monday, May 22, 2023.
Thanks for your interest in working with the Gabriola Island Chamber of Commerce!