Online Event Series: Application Open Now
Couch Fest is a series of online events designed to celebrate and support the arts at home. The intention is to help bridge the financial gaps that our professional artists have incurred due to the COVID19 pandemic. As self-employed small business owners, we recognize the contribution local artists make to our island economy. 100% of the proceeds from every show will go directly to the artists. The events are only limited by your imagination. If you are not a performance-based artist but have an idea for how you could utilize this platform, we are all ears!
- Fill out the form linked below and submit.
- Upload a 30-second video clip showcasing your performance idea. (NOTE: Only those who have submitted the online application AND a video will be considered.)
- Selected artists will be interviewed to determine video and sound capabilities to ensure a high-quality online performance.
Online applications will be open from Tuesday, April 14th to April 30th @ 5:00PM.
The Gabriola Chamber has developed a multi-pronged response to supporting island business during the COVID19 pandemic. Through collaboration with other local organizations and individuals, we are supporting the development of new revenue streams and accessible loans for entrepreneurs.
Open to all professional artists living on Gabriola, Mudge or Decourcy Islands.
Definition for professional artist (in this instance) is someone who:
- has specialized training and/or extensive practice
- is recognized as a professional by their peers
- is committed to their artistic activity
- has a history of public presentation and/or publication
Application closes at 5:00PM on April 30th.