Circular Economy Accelerator Program
A new business accelerator program is launching on Vancouver Island and on the Sunshine Coast to spur the transition to a sustainable, resilient economy. The Circular Economy Accelerator Program, an initiative of Vancouver Island Coast Economic Developers Association (VICEDA) and Synergy Foundation, provides hands-on support to businesses north of the Malahat and on the Sunshine Coast who seek to adopt circular economy principles, reduce waste and emissions, increase revenue, and develop innovative practices. This program – the first of its kind in Canada – will position participating businesses as leaders in the circular economy, attracting talent and investment, increasing revenue, and paving the way to a prosperous, sustainable, and resilient future for the community.
The program will offer hands-on support to 16 businesses located north of the Malahat and on the Sunshine Coast. For a participation cost of $500, businesses will:
- Complete an on-site assessment with a circular advisor to identify circular solutions for their operations,
- Receive a report outlining key opportunities to reduce waste, energy use, and emissions,
- Attend facilitated industry-specific workshops to explore circular economy best practices and strengthen industry connections,
- Incorporate leading sustainability practices,
- Identify cost savings and value-add opportunities,
- Have the opportunity to be featured in a Business Resource Toolkit that will be made publicly available at the end of the program, and
- Receive a certificate of completion for the Circular Economy Accelerator Program.
Applications for the program close August 31 or until all spots are filled. All business are invited to learn more about the initiative via the info below.
See the Press Release HERE